I clearly remember how I disliked my exchange term in France at one point of time so much so that I wrote down an essay about what exactly I felt at that time. But now, looking back, I feel it wasn’t worthy of dislike and that I would love to go back to that place. Probably this is what is wrong with human pyschology- remembering only the good things and comfortably ignoring the bad things.
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
Well, been to Europe, Mumbai, Bhutan!!! Subtly approached guys 😛 Dated one, broke up immediately 😀 So, quite a roller coaster!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
Don’t remember making any resolutions. Let’s leave resolutions to those who follow them 😀
3. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nov 18- Diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy; still reeling under its effects
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Travelling to 9 countries ( 1 Asian + 8 European) and managing to keep myself sane amidst all the struggles to keep up with the journeys
5. What was your biggest failure?
No personal satisfaction out of internship; could’ve fared far better
6. Did you suffer illness?
Bell’s Palsy 😦
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Not that I can think of right away
8. Where did most of your money go?
Travel, food, medical expenses
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My first date 😀
10. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Shape of You, Arjun Reddy album
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Work out, eat more healthy, reminding myself of my self-worth
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
14. Did you fall in love in 2017?
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
Radhan, Anirudh, Haricharan
16. What did you want and get?
An exciting internship phase and December thrills 😉
17. What did you want and not get?
18. What was/were your favorite film/s of this year?
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 24 years old; hung out with friends
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A job in hand and a relationship that could help me grow
21. What kept you sane?
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Never take your winter clothing off to pose for pictures in cold! Can give you facial paralysis 😛
Kidding. Date only when you are ready for the kind you promised and promise only those which you can keep and not what you think you can keep. Understand the difference.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2017?
Pachmarhi, Mumbai, Alibaug, Thimphu, Paro, Clermont-Ferrand, Paris, Montpellier, Geneva, Lucerne, Zurich, Reykjavik, Keflavik, Dresden, Berlin, Prague, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Brussels, Bruges, Barcelona, Costa Brava. Damn, the list ended 😐
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Dil kuch kehta hai, kuch aur hi karta hai 😀
- Attend an A. R. Rahman’s concert- as many as possible
- Perform a fully orchestrated dance, preferably contemporary
- Play a beautiful piece on violin
(well, this gets edited for sure)
Ever felt like going back to those points in your life which are not significant yet they provided you with stability and consistency in a routine?
Does that indicate that one is a ‘routine person’ and not the ever ready person who likes and welcomes changes in life rapidly? Well, corporations look for people who are adaptive to changes that may creep in the system and not the one who want to stick to a routine, coming across as a difficult barrier to cross.
So does that mean that people like me cannot be tolerated? LOL 😅 There’s one single thing that we do which clears us off those inflexibility charges- trying to find a routine in those short term consistencies. Which other choices are we left with, anyway ? 😁
Have you ever contemplated two opposite careers? I have always wanted to do something so that my work could positively affect as many people as possible, so much so that I considered activism as a career. Or any social work.
But as I grow older with each day, I realise the importance of being financially independent and thrifty (thanks, mom 😅). It begs my attention to a decently earning job which I considered to be a trap that wouldn’t let me think about the *socially conscious* job.
I feel the conflict of interest now, unable to decide on one thing. Clarity eludes me, as always 😞
Take me there
where nothing is at stake.
Let’s become one…
*Inspired by my last night’s dream*
I voice out my opion.
People are flabbergasted.
They cheer me up and sing praises.
I see that it’s a long day.
I look around to find something.
Something that can give me solace.
I see you and a glee on your face.
We hug each other.
The warmth in it, the solace I find
and my instinct that you feel the same
don’t let us part any time soon.
A feeling which you can experience
only in a dream like this.
I wake up from my slumber
only to realize that you are gone
and that I can never feel this
in reality, ever!
Oh! How I wish this
dream never came to an end!
And if only I could buy more time
to savour the moment and feel the bliss…
So, I think I now understand how foolish I can get and make people around me suffer for my foolishness. Not one, not two, not three- a total of four incidents, all in a night, showed how foolish I could get within a short span.
So, my first resolution the year- Stop being a fool, any time!
Realized another thing: If something bothers you, and if the person associated with it is reachable, please reach out to that person and tell them what bothers you! Relieves you, at least 🙂
Happy New Year
My thoughts: Not-so-age-old 😉
Got only a minute to update the post. Here it is:
- Get better by March/April
- Start swimming
- Run Marathon
- Dare to dream beyond the confines of my reality-fearing brain
- Optimize the usage of technology (read internet)
This feels good. Cya 🙂